Health Care Professionals - Nutrition Support
Enteral Nutrition (Tube Feeding)
Enteral nutrition is used for patients who cannot meet nutrition needs with oral intake. A feed tube is inserted and a disease-specific formula is administered via bolus, gravity, or ambulatory pump method.
- Pre-discharge home and/or hospital teaching on feeding pump
- In-home education and instruction
- Registered dietitian consult for assessments, follow up, and questions
- Monthly nutrition screen
Continuing Education Programs
Home Nutrition Support - TPN and Enteral Nutrition Therapy
- This program discusses Differentiate between TPN and enteral therapy, responsibilities when discharging a patient on Home Enteral Therapy, Medicare guidelines for PN and enteral nutrition. This program is currently approved for RD, CCM, RN, and SW.
The Basics of Parenteral Nutrition
- This program discusses nutrition assessment parameters, micronutrient and macronutrient needs, and indications for PN use. The contraindication of use, methods of administration and guidelines for monitoring patients will be reviewed. This program is currently approved for RD, CCM, RN, and SW.