Health Care Professionals - Wound Care
Air-Fluidized Therapy (AFT) Bed System
Community Surgical Supply offers AFT, the Gold Standard in surfaces for patients with non-healing Stage 3 & 4 pressure ulcers on the trunk or pelvis. AFT is a proven, reliable solution for the home care setting. Utilization of AFT results in better outcomes and allows agencies to reduce visits and increase healing rates.
The Aurora HydroAire represents significant improvements to AFT Therapy with better:
- Fluidization (entire surface fluidizes)
- Quieter therapy &
- Less heat
Why Air-Fluidized Therapy?
- AFT is the best solution for patients who have not improved on Group 2 surfaces
- Reduces incidence of re-hospitalization
- Patients on AFT heal 3-4 times faster with fewer hospitalizations than conventional therapy
- Minimizes pressure, friction, sheer and maceration
- Use of AFT promotes faster healing of pressure ulcers and can make a significant difference in clinical & financial outcomes
Is AFT effective?
AFT heals wounds 3-4 times faster than conventional therapy.
Capillary closure occurs at 32 mmHg. Anything above 32 mmHg appears as RED. Look how the red disappears as better surfaces are applied to this subject. AFT is the ONLY surface keeping the subject well below capillary closure throughout the entire body.
190 lb. subject on carpet floor
Highest pressure = 100 mmHg
190 lb. subject on hospital mattress
Highest pressure = 75 mmHg
190 lb. subject on Group 1 gel overlay
Highest pressure = 52 mmHg
190 lb. subject on Group 2 low air loss mattress
Highest pressure = 47 mmHg
190 lb. subject on Group 3 HydroAire AFT
Highest pressure = 26 mmHg